The proper way to hard reset a gateway:
- Press & Hold the "Open/Reset" button while the ZGW is powered down.
- Continue pressing the "Open/Reset" button and apply power.
- Continue holding the button for 15 seconds.
- You should see the 3 LEDs underneath your finger flash on and off.
- Your LEDs to the left and right of the RJ-45 Jack will also turn off and come back on.
To verify the device performed a hard reset, immediately after you let go of the button 15 seconds after power up. Try pressing and releasing the button again and the DIAG LED should not come on.