- Verify Ports 80 & 443 are open on the router
- Ensure that DHCP (Dynamic Hosting) is turned on in the router (The device will not work if the router is using a Static IP)
- Check to see if any firewalls are blocking connection
- Try connecting device to a different port on the router
- Unplug the router to reset it
Connect to a Wireless Network(AP Configuration Tool)
- Power up the BAT-WIFI at the alarm panel.
- Open your smart phone or laptop and search for Wireless Connections.
- In the list of WiFi connections you should see one labeled: IPD CFG UTIL. If no, try moving your BAT-WIFI to a different location for better reception
- Connect to the WIFI Network. IPD CFG UTIL
- Once connected you must set up the following on your smart phone or laptop.
- Static IP: 192.168.1.5
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway/Router 192.168.1.1
- After your IP Address is set on your smart phone or laptop. Open a web browser and type in the following IP Address.
- 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.3
- When you connect to the above IP Address it will launch the AP Configuration Tool.
- Next you will click on the 'Scan for Wireless Networks'. It will populate the list of all available wireless networks in your area.
- Find the customers Wireless Network and click on it. If security credentials are required you will be prompted to enter them.
- You should now be connected to the customer WIFI network!